By H. E. Richardson
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation.
Read Online or Download A Corpus of Early Tibetan Inscriptions PDF
Best ethnic studies books
What do humans suggest once they discuss race? Are they acknowledging a organic truth, a social truth, or a cultural id? Is race genuine, or is it simply an phantasm? This booklet brings analytical readability to 1 of the main vexed themes within the social sciences at the present time, arguing that race isn't any greater than a social development, unsupported in organic phrases and upheld for the straightforward cause that we proceed to think in its truth.
This publication is ready village governance in China in the course of the past due 19th and early 20th centuries. Drawing on govt data from Huailu county, Hebei province, it explores neighborhood practices and legit platforms of social keep watch over, land taxation, and "self govt" on the village point. Its research of peasant behaviors bridges the distance among the rational selection and ethical economic system types via bearing in mind either fabric and symbolic dimensions of energy and curiosity within the peasant neighborhood.
Korea 2013: Politics, economic system and Society comprises concise evaluate articles overlaying family advancements and the economic system in either South and North Korea in addition to inter-Korean relatives and international family members of the 2 Koreas in 2012. extra papers take care of themes comparable to the promoting of the South Korea-EU alternate contract, the globalisation debate in South Korean greater schooling, the ideational foundations of the South Korean Unification Church, environmental coverage in North Korea, the function of multilateralism in North Korea's international coverage, and US tv portrayal of North Korea.
- For the Betterment of the Race: The Rise and Fall of the International Movement for Eugenics and Racial Hygiene
- Altruism and Reality : Studies in the Philosophy of the Bodhicaryavatara
- Engaging Contradictions: Theory, Politics, and Methods of Activist Scholarship (Global, Area, and International Archive)
- Spain’s Long Shadow: The Black Legend, Off-Whiteness, and Anglo-American Empire
- After Whiteness: Unmaking an American Majority (Cultural Front)
- Examining Japan's Lost Decades
Additional resources for A Corpus of Early Tibetan Inscriptions
8. gcig-gis, cf. Zhol N 26. "for one occasion only," or "merely". 9. Sister queens. According to DTH p. 32 Khri Lde-srong-brtsan's principal queen was 'Bro-za Lha-rgyal mang-mo-rje; but in the king's edict (PT ja f. 130a) the name is 'Bro-bza' Khri-mo-legs and the other queens are Mchims-rgyal-bza' Legs-mo-brtsan and Cog-robza' Brtsan-rgyal. 10. The rgyal-phran are specified in PT ja f. 130a, as the 'A-zha-rje, Rkong-kar-po Mang-po-rje, and Myang-btsun Khri-bo. 51 REIGN OF KHRI LDE-SRONG-BRTSAN c.
G. ring-lugs ban-de (Pell T. 1002); and, as I understand it, in the present text and certainly in the Skar-cung and Lcang-bu inscriptions (pp. 78, 101) where it has the analogous implication of one who maintains or transmits the "law"-the doctrine-of the Buddha. "Abbot" may sometimes be a convenient rendering though it is not exact, for there might be more than one ring-lugs in a community. 53 REIGN OF KHRI LDE-SRONG-BRTSAN c. D. INSCRIPTIONS AT ZHWA'I LHA-KHANG Translation East Inscription By order of the supernaturally wise divinity, the btsan-po Khri Lde-srong-brtsan, a god acting as king of men:1 A further sworn edict granted for Ban-de Ting-nge-'dzin.
North Inscription 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 24 THE LHASA ZHOL RDO-RINGS Translation an order to restrain him shall be given from above. And he decreed that if the descendants of Zla-gong do not become disloyal, slander against them shall not be listened to and they shall not be called to account or reprimanded. And he decreed that even if it be proved that one from among the descendants has become disloyal to the btsan-po, the charge shall be brought against only that one who is guilty; his other kinsmen shall not be brought to trial and their life and position shall not be adversely affected.